[CQ-Contest] 40 meters on Saturday evening

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Fri Feb 10 13:43:19 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Roche" <rochep at comcast.net>
To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 7:41 AM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 40 meters on Saturday evening

> Last night I "answered" at least 3 guys, send exchanges, and waited.
> Deleted
> it and went on CQing. Only after the third time this happened did I
> realize
> that the "caller" was outside the main 3Y0X pile-up all the way up at 7045
> kc. I gave up after this, and ended with only 3 or 4 Qs for the whole
> practice.
>
> This will be a big problem on Saturday night, the pile-ups seem to be
> getting WORSE, not better. I am new to Sprints but hanging out in the
> extra
> portion, and about 7045, sounds like a good plan. They are also on 80
> meter
> CW, and the pile-ups also extend past 3530. Should we do the same strategy
> for 80 meters? HOPEFULLY 20 meters will be open at least a little on the
> East coast.
>
> paul K3STX

I just sent the US Pilot N1DG an email asking if he could talk the team into
doing 40 SSB on Saturday night instead of 40 CW:

http://www.peterone.com/pilots.htm#n1dg

I also asked him to encourage them to do 160 from 0200 to 0400 instead
of 80 CW (I think they are currently sharing the Battle Creek Special
between those two bands).