[CQ-Contest] Not QSLing

David Hachadorian k6ll at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 11 09:28:48 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "James P. Cassidy" <107770.3462 at compuserve.com>
To: "CONTEST REFLECTOR" <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:56 AM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Not QSLing

> Does anyone have advice about how to best deal with the
> quick callers that
> wipe out the TU or a request fora  repeat?  Several times
> last week there
> was no wait at all between the end of the QSO and the
> pileup of callers.
> I will admit that my signal is probably not as strong as
> it could be to
> help this situation.
-------------------------------
Here is a politically incorrect answer:

If you are the person who is inheriting the frequency, and
you think the TU from the departing station might have
gotten obliterated by a quick caller, don't worry about it,
unless you hear some frantic call for attention in the
background. Of course, if there is any hint that the
departing station (W1XYZ) asked for a repeat, just send
W1XYZ QSL?

If you are the person who must vacate the frequency, and
your request for a repeat got obliterated by a quick caller,
do not send a frantic call for attention. Just listen! The
inheriting station is about to send his information again,
with the serial number increased by one. There should be
plenty of time, because he must send the two callsigns
before he gets into the meat of the exchange.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.