[CQ-Contest] Not QSLing Sprint QSOs - Is this OK?

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Sat Feb 11 10:59:36 EST 2006

Kirk,

I've struggled with this practice for many years.  I'm running computer
controlled T/R control so its not that people send it quickly and I miss it
due to VOX delay time.

Personally, I delete the QSO.  I've made every effort Ican to not miss the
other station's acknowlegement, so I feel I'm justified.  But like you say,
I hurt my score as well, because that QSO consumed time I could have
profitably used elsewhere.

I too have noticed that there are a number of top ten stations who do
this.  But I've also noticed that I never experience this with the REALLY
good guys.

If we come to accept this practice, then I don't know how the log checking
team can reasonably impose penalties for any NILs.

Dave/K8CC