[CQ-Contest] ARRL Band Change rule

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Feb 16 19:55:59 EST 2006

At 04:20 PM 2/16/2006, Michael Dinkelman wrote:
>The ten minute rule went away for MS in the ARRL DX.
>Did the 6 band change rule go away too? I can't find
>it in the general or contest specific rules.
>
>73
>dink, n7wa

Mike, this is what I found in the HF rules:

"2.3.Multioperator: More than one person performs transmitting, receiving and logging functions, etc. Multioperator stations are divided into subcategories:

2.3.1.Multioperator, Single Transmitter: Stations are allowed only one transmitted signal at any given time.

2.3.1.1.In those contests that do not have Single Operator Assisted class, this category includes those single operators that use any form of spotting assistance such as from nets or packet.

2.3.1.2.Includes those that receive assistance with logging or relief operators, etc.

2.3.1.3.Limited to 6 band changes (maximum) in any clock hour.

2.3.1.3.1.The clock hour is from zero through 59 minutes.

2.3.1.3.2.Band changes are defined so that, for example, a change from 20 meters to 40 meters and then back to 20 meters constitutes two band changes.

2.3.1.4.Violation of the 6-band change rule or improper logging will result in an entry reclassification to the Multi-operator Multitransmitter class"

The rule now appears to be identical to M-2.

73, Pete N4ZR