[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX, Canadian multipliers

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 20 11:57:19 EST 2006

That reply does not answer my question about signing portable (/)If I
am temporarily in a different call sign district do regulations
require me to sign portable??

Can anyone quote the Industry Canada policy (i.e. Radio Information
Circular RIC-2,3,9, etc.) that states a Canadian amateur must identify
with a / if operating from a different call area than what his/her
prefix indicates?


-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Taylor [mailto:ve4xt at mts.net] 


1.2 Call Sign Prefixes
When a Canadian applicant is qualified to install or operate an
radio station, a call sign will be issued using a prefix based on
where the
applicant resides. An amateur who subsequently changes his residence
one call sign prefix area to another shall apply for a change of call
with the prefix allocated for this new area of operation.

73, kelly

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.15.11/264 - Release Date:

More information about the CQ-Contest mailing list