[CQ-Contest] The irony of Operating Time [was: Logging Time [was:Contesting Time Calculation]]

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Sat Jan 7 08:03:57 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 06:12:10PM -0800, Ken Widelitz wrote:

> ALL the contest  rules I recall allow you to make schedules by non-amateur
> means BEFORE the contest starts.

Another thing I never do.

In HF contests this practice is really frowned at by what I
consider to be my contest peers and most if not all of the

In the VHF contesting world, the making of skeds before th contest
seems to be the normal procedure among many high scoring stations
but in my mind that is not the right thing to do - so I don't
make skeds before the contest in VHF events either.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr