[CQ-Contest] We Need Sunspots!!

K1AR@aol.com K1AR at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 12:24:51 EST 2006

All--

I've been reading the CQ-Contest reflector messages over the past month or
so and have concluded we need more sunspots.

Like many of you, I'm a busy guy, too. I have an executive job that is very
demanding. I get involved in lots of stuff in our hobby that takes time. That
being said, here are some general thoughts:

QSLs:
I work lots of guys so I get a lots of QSLs. I answer them eventually. I
even pay for postage when the other guy chooses to not do so. It's just not a
big deal. Next...

Cabrillo:
As a standard, it works much of the time. When something screws up, I ask
somebody to help me solve the problem and it gets fixed. It's just not a big
deal. Next...

QRP:
Someone calls me in a contest as K1XXX/QRP. I work him and put him  into my
Cabrillo-compatible log and answer his card (eventually). It's just not  a big
deal. Next...

Etc.:
...it's just not a big deal.

I love the enthusiasm that is displayed here. I also find the
curmudgeon-like behavior to be tedious at times.

For me, all of this is just not a big deal. Sunspots anyone?

73 John, K1AR