[CQ-Contest] HADX Reminder

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sat Jan 21 13:25:41 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc at r66.ru>
To: "Felber Gyula" <mttosz at enternet.hu>

> Rules state that only Cabrillo logs are excepted...
> But HADX is NOT specified in  Cabrillo standard
> http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/spec.html

I understand Igor's concern.  However, that website already
specifies enough "official" Cabrillo templates to accommodate
almost any contest, and HADX is no exception.

My software supports nearly 80 contests, and Cabrillo has
been its only log option for years.  No one has ever been
disqualified solely on the basis of submitting a log this
way.

> The rules also state: "No logged duplicate QSO will
> result penalty if no points are claimed for them."

The rule is clearly obsolete - it should be deleted. With
Cabrillo, the concept of "unmarked dupes" has gone - to
everyone's benefit.

73,
Paul EI5DI