[CQ-Contest] W1AW/4 & NU1AW/8

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro at k4ro.net
Tue Jul 11 14:34:38 EDT 2006

I don't have a complete list of the W1AW/4 setups.
Hopefully the others will check in with their list.
We ran 15M and 80M CW from K4RO. Operators were K4AMC,
WO4O, K3CQ and K4RO.  We used the following equipment:

IC-781, IC-765
AL-1200, LK-500, AL-811
Tribander stack Mosley PRO-57A at 60' and 100'
Quarter wave sloper at 80'
Full-size ground-mounted vertical, slightly bent at top.
Pair of Beverages: 315' NE/SW  185' NW/SE
TR-Log 6.79 on networked DOS 6.22 computers
WintelnetX packet spot feeder to W4TO node

Nothing very exotic by contest standards, but effective.
As a whole, we seemed to have done very well on QSOs,
while falling behind somewhat in multipliers. It was a
thrill to operate with the W1AW call sign. The Tennessee
Contest Group is grateful for the opportunity. Thanks to
everyone who called in. Especially to PW5X and a few other
WRTC OPs who had to try repeatedly to work us on 80 meters.

73

-Kirk  K4RO