[CQ-Contest] Small portable rig for the October CQWW phone contest.?

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Thu Jul 13 14:18:46 EDT 2006

I'm going to be cruising in October and looks like I will be on Easter
Island for part of the first day of the CQWW and Santiago, Chile for the
last part.  Assuming I get tickets for both, any suggestions whether to take
a small Kenwood or the new ICOM for light weight and ease of use?  Probably
flyrod vertical on 15M or 20M.  12v poser supplies?  MFJ go the good review
in QST.  Reply off-line and I'll summarize.  Thanks,

N0UU