[CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stns in IARUcontest ?

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 16 21:18:18 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 04:02, Bob Henderson wrote:
> It could be addressed by attributing nil points to contacts between HQ and
> other stations in the territory they represent.

This would be a SERIOUS problem for HQ stations in large countries
and/or with large ham populations.  (i.e., USA, Russia, Japan)  I don't
know that we would have bothered with 160 meters at all at W1AW/4 if we
couldn't work W's for point credit.

It would be an even more serious problem for the IARU HQ station which
could then work almost *nobody*!

I could see disallowing credit for contacts between a HQ station and
other stations in the same country *if* the other stations are
"uniques", i.e. worked fewer than some threshold number (say, ten?)
other stations besides the HQ operation.  I'll bet it'd be a real
nightmare for the log checkers though.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66