[CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQstnsin IARUcontest

Mark Bailey kd4d at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 14:52:21 EDT 2006

Hi Vladimir:

I believe this may not be a good idea.  Many times during a contest I
have a casual station call in who is not in the contest.  I take the
time to explain the exchange, thank the operator, and encourage him
to work other stations.

If these guys won't add to my score, it reduces my incentive to be
friendly to them.  I do not believe that we want to do ANYTHING
that might discourage newcomers and casual operators from getting
on and making a few contest QSO's.

Also, contests are often won or lost depending on how many casual
operators we work. Otherwise, the serious guys would get on, work
each other, and then the contest would be over.  :-)

This would fundamentally change the game...

73,

Mark, KD4D