[CQ-Contest] Contests, flights and leg circulation

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 19 10:31:11 EDT 2006

I guess I should be knocking on wood since long flights (8-10 hours) do not
cause problems for me except for a stiff neck trying to sleep in the seat.
I typically do not get out of the seat during the entire flight.  Perhaps I
can do this because I am still fairly young (64) and live on a farm that
keeps me physically active.

I must say, however, that the absolute worst flight for me was from Miami to
Santiago on a 767.  Next in line was the return trip.  Both flights were on
Lan Chili.  They schedule two flights per day for each airport.  Typically,
the earlier flight (the one I was scheduled for) gets cancelled for lack of
occupancy to pay for the flight, and all passengers must scramble to get a
seat on the second flight several hours later.  Needless to say, the second
flight was 100 percent occupied with a few having to stay over for the next
day's flight.

BTW, this was in November, 2004, during the VP8WWW trip to the Falklands.  I
would do it again if the group decides to make a return trip in the future.
However, I will seriously consider booking business class. :)

73, Keith NM5G
http://www.gtdx.com/