[CQ-Contest] Uniques not counting and emotion

Mark Bailey kd4d at comcast.net
Sat Jul 22 07:09:10 EDT 2006

Mark Beckwith wrote:
 >> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Uniques not counting and emotion
 >
 > Everybody "just gets on the air to hand out a few points" from time
to time. I think the best thing a casual op can do to help is to
remember to work more than one serious guy.

 > Two will do it, if they're serious and turn in their logs.  If you're
not sure, then work four or five.  This doesn't take much more than just
working one guy.

 > This has been talked about for so long that there is no reason anyone
reading this reflector doesn't know it.  Please don't get on and only
make one QSO.  It doesn't help.

 > Mark, N5OT

Unfortunately, most of the "casual" guys don't read this reflector.  The
people who I am explaining the Sweepstakes exchange to Sunday afternoon,
for instance.

Having lost the Atlantic Division in SS a couple of years ago by a
single QSO, I do firmly believe every QSO matters.

Fortunately, most of the contests don't remove unique QSO's from the
logs...

73,

Mark, KD4D