[CQ-Contest] CW keying using PC - IC706MKII

Fabian Kurz lists at telegraphy.de
Mon Jul 24 13:17:22 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 05:54:46PM +0100, Filipe Lopes wrote:
[...]
> I have tryed to put the rig in Straight key and connected my interface, and
> what I get is a tune! The rig doenst stop the tune.

That sounds like you are using a mono plug, which short-circuits the
stereo jack, resulting in constant transmit. Use a stereo jack, connect
only ground and the inner connector and it should work.

Connecting the key is described on page 5 of the IC-706MKII manual.

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/
Online log: http://dl0tud.tu-dresden.de/~dj1yfk/log.html