[CQ-Contest] SO1R vs. SO2R

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sun Jul 30 11:08:21 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat at copper.net>
To: <sawyered at earthlink.net>

> Shall we also get off the HP/LP thing? The SO/MO thing? The
> assisted/unassisted thing?

HP makes your signal louder.  Any operator, regardless of
ability or experience is likely to better with a louder
signal.  It's self-evident that HP is an advantage.  This
is a "hardware issue".

It's self-evident that MO stations tend to do better that
SO stations - it's a "numbers" issue.

> One radio/two radio has a similar significant difference
> and should be treated the same.

If I can copy CW better than you, I'll probably do better
in CW contests.  If I can speak (clearly) faster than you,
I'll probably do better in phone contests.  If I can
manage two (or more) radios better than you, I'll probably
do better in most contests.  This is not a hardware issue,
it's an "operator" issue.

Either learn the skills or stop complaining.  If you already
have the skills, then enjoy your competitive advantage.

73,
Paul EI5DI