[CQ-Contest] Contesting in the Sunlight [was: SO1R and SO2R]

Robert Naumann w5ov at w5ov.com
Sun Jul 30 14:34:00 EDT 2006

Bill,

RTTY contesting is clearly a different animal. I also have made comments
previously on rtty contesting, apparently in agreement with your concerns,
that some of the practices and technology may have already crossed the line
of having an OSC - or "Operator Surrogate Computer" functionally taking the
place of a second operator.

My OSC comments yesterday were directed towards future developments for SSB
or CW operating.

It seems that we share the same concerns, but the timeline for those
concerns to be applied to the various modes is somewhat different, with RTTY
being in the present, and the other modes becoming a concern in the future.

73,

Bob W5OV