[CQ-Contest] Contest Rig

Scott Manthe n9aa at arrl.net
Thu Jun 1 12:42:16 EDT 2006

Dave,
The idea that the original MP has better RX specs than the Mark V series
is a fallacy. This notion got it's genesis because, in the original ARRL
MP review, the specs were taken with an MP that had an optional filter,
so it had CASCADED filters, while the Mark V was strictly stock. So, the
original MP did better than the Mark V or the Field, but when equipped
the same, the MP loses it edge.

If you need validation, check the numbers listed on the Sherwood
Engineering website. The BDR and IMD numbers for the MP and the Field
are the same, the Mark V is actually a little better than either.

73,
Scott, N9AA