[CQ-Contest] UA2AW - 80 years birthday

Victor Loginov ks4iz at qrz.ru
Fri Jun 2 09:28:49 EDT 2006

Hello fellows contesters!

Today Vladimir Lyapin UA2AW celebrates his 80th birthday!

Sure OOTimers and perhaps OTimers remember him through 50-70th. He was the
one who put UA2KAW (UK2FAA-UZ2FWA-RK2FWA) contest fame on the air. He was
among the first Russians who started DXCCing together with his famous friend
UA2AO (SK). We at RK2FWA are trying to continue what he started. You can see
us on top of the most popular contests, and DXCC ratings.

Nowadays UA2AW is socially active person, and beloved father and husband. He
is still with us on the air every day, and we are always happy to meet him
at out contest position.

We in UA2-land, wish Vlad great health and many years of enjoyable DXing
ahead of him. Those who want to send Vlad their greetings, please mail them
to me. I'll be his guest the next week.

73 Victor UA2FM - KS4IZ