[CQ-Contest] Armadillo Reunion Wrapup

Tom Taormina tom at k5rc.cc
Tue Jun 27 13:36:04 EDT 2006

The Great Armadillo Reunion is history and was a resounding success.
37 TDXS members, rowdies and friends gathered in Virginia City, NV
last weekend to share old stories and renew old friendships. We did a
tribute to Jim White, K4OJ, who was the only one to work all Texas
Counties in the 1983 Armadillo Run. That tribute was led by his mom,
W1YL. We also conducted the K5LZO memorial BBQ on Sunday.

Field Day was operated as K7A (Kill Seven Armadillos) and the old
gang managed to crank out 3,000 QSO's. Keeping with the tradition of
this group, we broke new ground by operating the entire weekend on
biodiesel fuel, to claim "natural power" for the entire event.

A few photos are posted on the web site,
<http://www.consultpr.com/Armadillo.htm>http://www.consultpr.com/Armadillo.htm
A complete commemorative Photo CD will be available with hundreds of
old and new photos of the various Armadillo and TDXS events since the
1960's. If you want a copy, send $10 to K5RC, PO Box 1126, Virginia
City, NV, 89440 .

Tom Taormina, K5RC
Virginia City NV
QTH for: NACHO - W7RN and RANN - K7RC