[CQ-Contest] Sleeping during ARRL DX Contest

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Mon May 8 03:05:52 EDT 2006

Zack, W9SZ, wrote:

> <I fell asleep ON the key(er) once.  I woke up to the sound of
> "dah-dah-dah-dah..." To this day I have no idea how long I was asleep with
> that going on.  :)

When I operated from KP2 several years ago, I sat in a swivel chair with no back.  At least 4 or 5 times I started to fall asleep, but as soon as I begain to fall backwards off the chair, this got me alert again real quick!!!

Take the back off your chair (but put some pillows or an air mattress on the floor behind you "just in case" :-)

FYI & 73...

Rick, K6VVA