[CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at verizon.net
Sat May 20 21:49:24 EDT 2006

I should have added in my earlier reply that while I would like to see
contest results back in QST, I would be willing to settle for another
in-print venue... and the NCJ seems tailor-made for that purpose, especially
now that it's an ARRL publication.

I miss not having the results handy.  Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I want to
pull out the appropriate issue of one rag or another and thumb thru the
results, not find a computer, login, get online, and try and do a lookup
(and maybe miss something because of the lookup limits).

Also, I made a suggestion to several at ARRL Hq at Hamvention a few years
ago that the contest results for the previous year should be put on the
annual publications CD-ROM that they publish -- ie, the 2006 CD should
include not only QST, QEX, NCJ, and so forth, but also all of the 2006
contest results.  At least we'd have SOME off-line access to them that way!
I was told at the time that it was a "good" idea by one staffer, a "great!"
one by another, and both promised that there'd be a follow up and I'd hear
something... and sad to say, that was the last I ever heard about it...

73, ron wn3vaw