[CQ-Contest] Leading Zeroes

Tom Hammond n0ss at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 7 15:05:09 EST 2006

Gotta 'fess up, I guess...

K6GEP wrote:
>I am undecided about leading zeroes too.  Like the other person, I tried it
>without, and had to keep repeating (especially if you have a late
>start to the contest).

I sent ONE leading zero for my first NINE Q's (e.g. 01 thru 09), just
to ensure that the receiving station didn't sit there waiting for a
second digit.

I personally don't believe in using leading zeros in situation other
than this specific scenario... UNLESS the contest rules specifically
state "3-digit serial..."... and I'm not aware of any which might do this.

I'll probably continue to send a leading zero (as above) in future
contests... hope those who don't like will learn to cope... or attend
anger management classes.. <G>

73,

Tom