[CQ-Contest] Toughest SS CW sections 2006

Tom Hammond n0ss at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 7 18:57:36 EST 2006

Hi Paul (VO1HE):

Tried to reply to you directly, but your ISP refused my reply. So
trying via the reflector...

I have to agree with you... if you really don't like pileups (on
you), it's certainly best to do a lot of S&P.

Unfortunately for too many of us... especially those of us who pretty
much HAVE to do S&P because we don't have the signal (running QRP) to
call CQ and maintain a run frequency, there's a much greater chance
that we'll never manage to catch the rare section because he won't
stay still long enough for us to get a shot at working him.

I heard you several times on Sunday, but you kept moving, and it's
hard to hit a moving target... heheh!  The 'traps' I tried to set for
you and VO1HP never worked as I must have been placing myself ABOVE
your last Q while you were moving down instead... heheh!  I did
finally manage to catch VO1HP while he was running 'em, and was able
to tailend and sneak my QRP signal in underneath someone. Whew...
took nearly 10 minutes, but was certainly worth the multiplier.

Just my thoughts. Regardless of whether you S&P or run 'em, it's
great to have you representing NL and I'll always continue to look
for you... and maybe NEXT YEAR you'll fall into one of my traps.

73,

Tom