[CQ-Contest] CQ Beaverton, Oregon Area

N6KI Dennis Vernacchia n6ki_73 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 12 21:44:08 EST 2006

Good day to all,

    Is there either an Individual or a Club within about 1 hour's drive
from Beaverton, Oregon
that is willing to let a Newbie aspiring CW contestor come by for CQWW CW
or a future *CW *Contest, for a few hours,  to just listen in on a spare
headset to some experienced Ops
who may be sending at speeds from 22 to 26 WPM ( like at the end of contest
when you're begging or have to slow down a bit for the Sunday Drivers or
other
Newbie Ops. )

     Or, maybe if you are not out for blood to win, would be willing to
slow down the CW speed
to not intimidate her and give her more copying confidence.

    If so, please e-mail Jennifer K7NAA,  *jhaglund at compdx.com *
and send her an invite and what your setup is.

    Right now she is copying 18  WPM and using Morse Runner to try to
get faster copy,
I told her if she can just sit and listen for a few hours and she has an
idea what is coming
( like Callsign, Serial, No, DX Zone etc ) and is under no pressure to
actually copy the
full exchange, this will help her speed increase and get rid of some of
the Jitters !
( Plus some of you experienced Ops can teach her tricks like copying the
exchange in advance
when S&Ping etc to help build confidence and speed )

    I know these methods work, as that is exactly how I cut my teeth in
the early 90s to work
CW on Field Days and I also was able to go down to Mexico and audit some
of the DX-peditions.

    Your help is greatly appreciated. Jennifer is VERY motivated and I
know the contest
bug will bite hard and we can add another YL *CW* Op to our ranks !

73, Dennis N6KI
San Diego