[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Thu Nov 16 10:54:06 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 07:34:53AM +0000, Alan Eshleman wrote:
> Well Ken (and sorry I can't place you without a call sign) I trust you've
> been reading the other responses to my question.  And, frankly, I can do
> without the snarky tone of your response.

Sure.  I just get tired of seeing people trying to validate cheating on
this reflector.  It's one thing to ask about whether a practice would
be considered cheating, it's another to come along with the "everyone
else is doing it..." excuse.

>                                            There are many elements to the
> spirit of competition, and communicating with others during a contest ON
> THE AIR is apparently not a violation of anything judging by the responses
> I've seen.  Having others find contacts for us is exactly what is being
> accomplished when spotters flood the packet window with calls.   Maybe I'll
> see you in the contest OM.

What you describe is actively asking other contesters not at your station to
help you work the QSOs you need.  It is quite different from passively using
cluster spots (of which I am not a fan, either).