[CQ-Contest] intentional QRMing rare ones - SS SSB

asciibaron at comcast.net asciibaron at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 09:16:13 EST 2006

> I agree with Mark. If the other station was there first, then the newly-arrived
> rare mult doesn't necessarily get priority use of the frequency.

i have no way of knowing who was there first in the first instance, looking at the packet history of when i came across them, it's hard to say - they were both spotted within 2 minutes of each other.  the second instance, the rare mult was clearly there first as the other station left the frequency of the first instance and found a spot right next to the KH6 station.  that was the clincher for me - the KH6 was spotted and within a few minutes the other station shows up just next to him.

i would not have said anything if it didn't seem odd - how many dupes does it take to realize they are trying to work someone else on nearly the same frequency- 3, 4, 5???  while i was in the pileup for the KH6, i heard the offending station saying "you're a dupe" more than a few times.

if i had recorded it, it would be very obvious this operator was conscience of the KH6 and was trying to siphon off qso's in the pileup - i guess when you run a multi in SS you have to resort to all manner of tactics to keep the rate up... nevermind good operating practice or Part 97 rules.

-Steve, WM3O