[CQ-Contest] Please Post your score to www.getscores.org this weekend!

Gerry Hull windev at inetmarket.com
Wed Nov 22 09:21:10 EST 2006

Hello All,

We have had a very positive response to my live Scoreboard site,
www.getscores.org, during CQ WW SSB and the ARRL SS Contests.  Many have
reported that motivation has been increased by watching the scores of
others.  XYLs and kids have visited the shack during a contest just to see
how dad is doing in the battle!  Just maybe, contesting can become a
spectator sport!

During CQ WW SSB, we had over a million hits on the site over the contest
weekend, with aprox 100 stations posting scores.   Not bad for the 1st dry
run.   People were watching (and posting) from all continents.

Their is plenty of room for debate about how live score reporting effects
the playing field -- and I welcome that debate.  However, please do not sit
by the sidelines and pontificate if you do not participate...  Give it a
try!

Your score can be posted automatically if you are using N1MMLogger (
www.n1mm.com), Win-Test (www.win-test.com) or WriteLog
(I've written a poster for Writelog
http://www.w1ve.com/livescores/WLPoster.aspx).    I know of at least one
person who is working on a poster for TR (but it will not be ready for the
weekend).

One word on the URL:   www.getscores.org is shorthand, a re-direct, to
http://www.w1ve.com/livescores/default.aspx.  If you have trouble with the
short URL, use the long one.

Good luck to you all this weekend, and Happy Thanksgiving to all the US
gang!

73, Gerry, W1VE   (@K1IR this weekend)