[CQ-Contest] Consistent or not [was: ZoneProp REMINDER]

k1ttt at arrl.net k1ttt at arrl.net
Mon Nov 27 11:04:38 EST 2006

NO, why should they have to be consistent year to year?  Even the FCC can
change the rules without changing the rules by just issuing a new opinion
on what they mean.  Race sponsors can determine that certain changes to
cars or boats are outside the rules even without specific wording about
them.  This is the perogative if a contest/race/event/etc sponsor, to
change or interpret the rules however they see fit... they write the
rules, they can interpret them however they like and if you don't like how
they do it, you can choose not to play.  Or you can go and start your own
contest and specify the rules however you see fit, including even
requiring the use of on-site judges or specific monitoring software to
make sure the contestants comply with your vision of the rules, and then
see if anyone wants to play.