[CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation

Steve Hanlon asciibaron at comcast.net
Fri Oct 13 21:09:53 EDT 2006

Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
> Non-contesters may view contesters' exchanges (and DX exchanges)
> as devoid of content but the competition to work the farthest
> or the greatest number of stations goes back to the very first
> amateur radio activities (before even traffic handling, etc.).

so your version of ham radio is better then some non contesters and how
dare he say any different?  Part 97 do not have any rules regarding the
content beyond it being civil and decent.  if i want to talk about my
pet rock to my buddy, why is that somehow a lesser use of the bands
compared to stations exchanging 5nn's for 48 hours?

my point is we should be above judging others on tehbands - we are
having fun in our way, let them have their fun.  as long as everyone
operates within the confines of Part 97, everyone can enjoy the bands.
right?

-Steve, WM3O