[CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

k4zw at adelphia.net k4zw at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 21 23:26:53 EDT 2006

  I could maybe see it for assisted categories but I personally have zero interest in using this.  I can see at least one scenario where the ethically challenged unassisted types amongst us could use it unfairly.  Then again if they’re going to cheat, you don’t need this to do it.  The RTS would just tell them how much “assisted help” they need in order to catch the guys ahead of them.  The other thing to keep in mind, this might start out as something completely innocuous.  But, it could easily morph into something much bigger based on whatever data the host wants to display and once the genie is out of the bottle all bets are off.

Ken K4ZW