[CQ-Contest] zero pointers

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Oct 30 14:45:52 EST 2006

I've always found it to be the case in contests where USA QSO's are "zero
pointers" that if you work some of them, they will request QSL's.

A lot of these people are mildly interested in contesting but not enough
to know the rules, so they get on (particularly on Sunday mornings) to
"give out a few points". Some of them have been pesky about it so I always
just work them and log them. I leave them in the log because I KNOW some
will ask for cards! I always try to encourage them to learn the rules and
join in in more contests because some of them DO end up getting more
serious about contesting.

73, Zack W9SZ