[CQ-Contest] Zero Pointers - Need YouTube Public Service Announcement

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:30:34 EST 2006

There probably isn't time to do this for this year, but something to think
about for
next year.

Maybe some Big Gun could make a Public Service Announcement video that could
be linked to from the main page on contesting.com ?  (youTube would take the
hit
on bandwidth, not contesting.com)   Maybe NewsLine  could play the audio
too.
It would appear late October and the first 3 weeks in November.
The text could go something like this:

(Public Service announcement to US Amateurs)

Hello, my name is John Doe (Callsign), winner of 15 CQ WW Contests since
1985, and
I would like to bring you this Public Service Announcement to US hams.

Duning the 48 hours of CQ World Wide, we hope to work thousands of DX and
Canadian
stations as fast as possible.  Did you know that US stations count zero
points for us?
I know many of you US hams mean well by trying to give us points, but sorry,
its not going
to happen in this contest!

For those of you in the contest who need the zero pointers for Country and
Zone credit,
we ask that you please call us during a time when we are not running DX
contacts, and
at a time when we are very slow.  We also would appreciate if you could
spread out your
zero pointers amongst several big guns.

We hope this will help us all have more fun in the upcoming CQ Worldwide
contests.

Thanks and 73!  Go get that DX!