[CQ-Contest] PJ2T Needs Ops for CQWW SSB

Geoff Howard ghoward at kent.edu
Sun Sep 3 08:32:20 EDT 2006

Contesters,

We could use some help at PJ2T for CQWW SSB.

What happened is that we were able to build an all-CCC club team for the
first time ever for this contest. (We're mainly a CW club, but we were
trying to get some SSB interest up so that the club members who are helping
to pay for the station could really enjoy the station.) Then the planets
mis-aligned, Pluto got demoted, and almost all of our team was lost
suddenly and recently to unforeseeable job problems. W4PA and I are all
who's left, with N8BJQ a "Maybe" also because of job problems.

In addition, we had hoped to do some significant antenna maintenance in the
ongoing battle against the salt but have not been able to find a second
tower climber.

Interested? We planned a Multi/Single but will ratchet that up to Multi/2
if we can recruit a big enough team. W4PA ( a CCC club member) has first
call on one of the beds in the West bedroom. N8BJQ (also a CCC member) is
be in the East Room, briefing the presidential press on the contest. Far as
we know, Sunset Waters Beach Resort, the hotel next to the station, has
plenty of space available at $109/night/room. Per ROOM, not per person.

Let me know? Sorry about the short lead, but the CCC team crash happened
only this week.

You can see http://www.pj2t.org for tons of information about the station
and about traveling to Curacao. It's easy to get there on the daily
American Airlines 737s from Miami.

     73,

          - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX