[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] WRTC2006 Radio and Software Stats

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Mon Sep 4 21:29:45 EDT 2006

Dave, W9ZRX and I are in the middle of acceptance testing with WinTest at the
moment. I have been using CT DOS since 1988 (Almost 350,000 QSOs), so it is a
very hard decision to change.

I first saw WinTest at WRTC in Brazil. I was impressed. W2GD and CT1BOH (guys
who know what they are talking about!) gave the software rave reviews It works
very much like CT for the major DX contests and has many refined features.

Dave has worked very close with the WinTest team in the last 30 days and is fast
becoming an expert!
The WinTest team in France has been tremendous to work with and has been very
responsive to our questions.

Dave has constructed 13 new fast Windows machines that he will install this week
at K3LR.

We'll let you know how it comes out, but as of now, WinTest looks very good.

73!
Tim K3LR

http://www.k3lr.com