[CQ-Contest] Busted Q's

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Sep 11 10:29:41 EDT 2006

On Sep 10, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:

> HI All
>
> I found I busted the first 3 Q's in the Sprint last night (due to
> an error on my part).  If I send in my log, will the guys I worked get
> dinged for my bad Q's?
>
> Tom W7WHY

The verb "bust" has a pretty particular meaning in the world of Log Checking
Reports, but I'm not sure it's that specific meaning that you mean here.

If it's busted, as in you know you copied their call sign or exchange
incorrectly, then submitting those QSOs in your log will only harm your score
(unless, of course, they also incorrectly copied your call sign or exchange).
If, on the other hand, you mean to say that you sent incorrect information,
the easiest thing to do is to make sure that you log contains that
information in the sent columns.  If you mean that you failed to log those
QSOs, or accidentally erased them or something, then submit the log you
have - it's kind of arbitrarily assigned bad luck for the stations you
worked, but as long as it wasn't done on purpose, I wouldn't worry about it
too much.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com