[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Plaque Program Update

K1AR at aol.com K1AR at aol.com
Sun Sep 17 11:49:48 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/17/2006 11:10:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
k5zd at charter.net writes:

So  John,

How much does it cost to sponsor a CQWW Plaque and where does one  submit
their offer?

Randy, K5ZD

Randy,

I'm glad you asked. On occasion I publish an update to this list with
information about the CQ WW plaque program and sponsorship opportunities. So  here
it is:

* The 2005 CQ WW plaques are being produced at the engraver as we  speak. I'm
hoping to have all awards in the mail within the next 45 days. For  non-US
winners, please be patient as shipping is sent via sea mail. As you've  already
seen, the 2005 certificates have already been mailed (thanks again  Barry,
W5GN).
* The current cost to sponsor an award is $50/year. Interested parties can
contact me directly (a listing of openings is summarized below).
* There are nearly 150 plaques in the program today. I'm not particularly
interested in creating new categories as they dilute the value of receiving  a
plaque in the first place. Obviously, there are exceptions.
* Unfortunately, donors come and go, so the list of sponsors is  fairly
dynamic. If you wish to sponsor, I strongly prefer a long-term  commitment.
* Sponsors are notified annually with a reminder that their payment is  due.
* According to my records, there are no outstanding plaques awaiting
delivery. However, I do realize that things slip through the cracks and/or the
mailman can let us down. If you have a missing award, let me know.

Here is a list of current openings (note, these are obligated awards, so
they will be produced for the 2005 contest, even if a donor is not found):

SSB:
* Single Op/Assisted World
* Single Op/28 MHz Europe
* Single Op/14 MHz Europe
* Multi-Single Japan
* Multi-2 World
* Multi-Multi USA

CW:
* Single Op/1.8 MHz USA
* Multi-2 World
* Multi-2 USA

I appreciate the support from so many of you -- especially those who have
participated for decades (in some cases), sponsoring multiple awards. This is a
great way to give something back to contesting. If you're interested, let me
know. Sponsorship assignments will be offered on a first-come, first served
basis.

73 John, K1AR