[CQ-Contest] Plaques

ukbrown ukbrown at acsol.net
Wed Sep 20 20:45:44 EDT 2006

GMCC has been sponsoring several plaques especially ARRL due
to fact that ARRL does get its plaques out to winners rather
quickly CQ thats another story. Plus GMCC has the Top Gun
Award for members that rack up 1 million contest points..You
can send that to me and I will get it to our manager N0ZA to
process..PTL bill K0UK
It was great to see that K1AR had a tremendous response to
his posting about
CQWW plaques.

I have asked K6AW if there are plaques that need sponsors
for the WPX SSB
contests.

I spoke to Karen with the ARRL about sponsoring a plaque for
the
Sweepstakes.  Icom has offered to fill any awards that are
not sponsored.
If you see an award that Icom is sponsoring it is available
for an
individual or group to sponsor.

The Icom sponsorship is great.  All those deserving a plaque
will get one!
I feel that receiving a plaque from a peer, contesting
legend or competitor
is more meaningful.  I would encourage those that are in a
position to
sponsor a plaque in their favorite contest to do so.  The
costs range from
$50.00 to $67 per year.

Mike W0MU