[CQ-Contest] Contesters and LOTW

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:29:17 EDT 2007

Shelby K4WW said:

For clarification:  My point has absolutely nothing to do with whether, or
not, LoTW is a "good thing"! I use it, and upload once a month. Quite
possibly, I should have not used the reference to LoTW?
My point is: "why is it necessary for DX stations to send, via the bureau,
requests for duplicate band/mode contacts"? Obviously there are several
reasons, but the ones that I refer to, are the ones that, after each contest
"dump their logs into their outgoing bureau"!

Tim K6GEP says:

Shelby, I predict that your problem with duplicate requests is going to
get even worse with the advent of the GlobalQSL system!   Hopefully, people
won't indiscriminately dump their entire logs to be printed and sent via
GlobalQSL, but at $82 per 1000, I think they might.   Don't get me wrong, I
think GlobalQSL is a great idea, but I hope it won't be abused like that.
(I'm not a
GlobalQSL user - yet)  Their full color cards are really beautiful.

I am a huge fan of LOTW, and I love those RTTY contest weekends when those
confirmations
pile in.

Tim K6GEP