[CQ-Contest] LOTW & Forums vs. "reflectors"

bob at reconstructinghistory.com bob at reconstructinghistory.com
Fri Aug 10 17:37:42 EDT 2007

On Aug 10 21:24, "Randy Thompson" <k5zd at charter.net> wrote:

> Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] LOTW & Forums vs. "reflectors"
>
> You are welcome to start your own forum.  I am sure the owners of this
> reflector will even let you promote it here - once or twice.
>
> I find the archives of this reflector and others, located at
> www.contesting.com, to provide everything I need.  Use Google if you need
> better search tools.
>
> Cq-contest is the "water cooler" of choice for kibitzing about contesting.
> That's why it is "better".

I wouldn't dream of reinventing the wheel, for I've seen quite a lot of people start ham-radio-related forums sites only to flop due to lack of interest.  Since CQ-Contest is where the community resides, it would be folly to generate another discussion medium duplicating the effort.

CQ-Contest is precisely what you way it is, and I signed on for that reason.  I was merely adding my tuppence and opinions, such as they are.  I'm learning by reading what is written here by you and other long-time veterans of radiosport, and I appreciate every scrap of knowledge!

Cheers,

Bob NQ3X

--
No cute furry animals were harmed in preparing and sending this email.  Countless electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced.