[CQ-Contest] NAQP - Operating off the continent?

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 22:54:14 EDT 2007

Bob -

If you want to stay with the NAQP idea, there is always North Dakota!  I did
not hear
any last weekend, and I was so appreciative of W9ILY/0 putting it on the air
for the RTTY weekend.
Some of the upper 1-land states are rare in NAQP, as was VE4.

IMHO, NAQP would be a waste to operate from a DX location.

Instead, how about the IARU HF contest?  That is only 24 hours, and I bet
you would
have a ton of Europeans wanting to work you.   IOTA would be a good one
also.  Its
only 24 hours too.  If you are into RTTY, there are many 24 hour contests.

Or how about a single band contest like 10 Meter contest?  You could work
the contest
all day, and enjoy the night life in town with your wife.  Conversely, you
could do a
160 Meter contest, and tour around town during the day.

I'm interested to see what the others have to say.

Tim K6GEP