[CQ-Contest] Heil Pro Set Plus on IC-7000 and FT-1000MP

Alex Malyava alex.k2bb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:48:11 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am about to get a Heil Pro Set Plus headset to be used with icom 7000 and
yaesu 1000mp radios.
It gonna be used for contesting only, I am not the one who spend hours
talking to a guy 5 miles away :)
They (Heil) make 2 kinds of ProSet+ - regular, with HC-4/HC-5 elements, and
iC - with HC-4/iC combo.
So, here is the problem: I am either getting the iC model which works fine
with 7000, but leaves 1000MP with HC-4 only, or I get the regular 4/5 one
which suppose to work with both radios.

Have anybody ever tried 4/5 with IC-7000? How does it work?
Is it enough to have HC-4 on 1000MP, or I might want HC-5 mic as well?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB