[CQ-Contest] Bayonet type bulbs-Ham M Control Box

Carol Richards n2mm at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 18:18:10 EDT 2007

  First of all, let me thank the numerous replies to my request. As it turned out, Radio shack had them locally. Unfortunately, I goofed. They are neither #47 nor #44 bulbs as I thought. They are both 6.3v types. After the first replace went in and blew immediately, (dummy me), I looked at the circuit and saw that it was in parallel with the secondary of the meter transformer, before any rectifiers. Thus the type of bulb I need is for AC and I would suspect 18vac. There is a 13v zener that is used afterwards.

  Of course, both the manual and the parts list for the ham-m don't give any clue as to the type of transformer or the number of the bulb.

  Any help out there?

  Carol