[CQ-Contest] Very old callbooks? [OT]

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Mon Aug 27 12:02:10 EDT 2007

Man, this WAS the right reflector to ask this question! I had 9 responses sitting in my inbox when I checked my email this morning.

The consensus points to 'YES' as the answer to my question. It was suggested license information was tabulated as early as 1909 and a 1920's callbook recently sold on eBay for about twenty bucks. Two sources of physical libraries were suggested, the ARRL headquarters and the Library of Congress. Both sources have been used with success in the past.

Whether these resources will ever be available online is unknown. Being a documentation junkie, I would hope so!

Some URL's were suggested for additional information. I will investigate those in a few minutes. I wanted to send a quick "Thanks" to the group first.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN