[CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Mon Dec 10 13:27:34 EST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007, at 9:50 PM, Bill wrote:

> Ken Widelitz wrote:
>
> Having an absolute defense against a lawsuit doesn't escape the
> outrageous cost
> of proving so. Personal example: I once wrote in a mining company
> newsletter,
> "a person was seen carrying a gun..." naming no one. Lots of
> witnesses.
> "The person" sued for defamation. EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLARS LATER his
> case got thrown out of court. Not fun.
> Jim is right in being cautions.

Nothing is certain. I can be sued for anything anywhere. It happens.

If a person chooses to live their life in fear because of something
that may happen, then woe on to them.
People can even be sued for doing nothing. You can be sued for your
RF emissions destroying your neighbors azaleas....

-73 de Mike N3LI -