[CQ-Contest] renewing the 10 meter contest

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sun Dec 9 20:13:37 EST 2007

With the many puny weak signals this weekend, I would have felt very
comfortable exchanging grid squares, just like in a VHF contest.

As is often the case on 6 meters, a 1000 mile qso is often no big deal but  a
500 mile one is. Lots of TX heard and worked here in Ohio this weekend,  but
not much from KY or NC or WI. Giving points based on distance is not
necessarily a good idea on 10 (or 6) meters.

I don't know if it is being given any consideration by the people in  charge,
but in a recent RTTY contest survey the question was being asked if  RTTY/D
igital should be added as an additional mode in the ARRL 10 meter  contest.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 12/9/2007 5:36:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,