[CQ-Contest] cheating with packet

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Dec 13 22:17:56 EST 2007

This is what the "scholars" say about that...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/04/news/edbadsport.php

It appears to come back to the "level playing field" issue...

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:29:34 -0800
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith at shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet
To: cq-contest at contesting.com

Hi Mal,

I'm not sure your idea would work but it would sure change the content
of our annual gripe session on this topic.

Let's see now, contest xx gives the assisted guys a 25% boost to their
score to get them to admit they used packet.  I don't like to use packet
but I sure wouldn't mind a better score.  I know, I won't use packet but
I'll say I did.

Now all the assisted guys will start griping about the unassisted
cheaters, it being well known that these cheaters can make better scores
than the assisted guys and so don't deserve a 25% boost.  "C'mon, let's
make this a level playing field!!"  Too funny.

73, Jim  VE7FO

N7MAL wrote: Make