[CQ-Contest] Packet is irrelevant

Rich K2WR k2wr at njdxa.org
Fri Dec 14 00:58:55 EST 2007

Does no one other than me understand the real problem here?  It's not packet, it's the rampant use of MDH (multiplier detection hormone).  Why do you think all these contesters go to Dayton every year and stay at the same hotel?  There's a suite a the Crowne Plaza where people get injected with MDH.  Didn't you ever wonder what happens to those people who slip out of the Miami room and aren't seen for an hour or so?  Didn't you ever wonder what the deal is with all that pizza?  (It's well known that pizza masks the short-term side effects of MDH injections.)  Unfortunately, there is no test for MDH, and even if there were, pizza (particularly cold pizza) is readily available virtually everywhere to make testing ineffective.

Laboratories in Oakland, CA, and Long Island, NY, are hard at work developing reliable tests for MDH.  These are well-known facilities with years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.  Write to ARRL and CQ and encourage them to hire Sen. Mitchell to put into high gear the investigation into MDH.  If we let this problem continue unchecked, contesters' DNA will mutate due to the routine use of MDH and the next generation of contesters will be able to find multipliers by themselves.  Then where will we be?  The kids will start winning.  What will N2AA do?  It's scary!

Rich