[CQ-Contest] Public Logs

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 08:39:53 EST 2007

and demand the
arrl remove dxcc credit for anyone who has me as their only W!  I'll bet
that creates a big uproar.

  Ahhh haaa, my kind of devious mind...

  Well, the times they are a changing <quote> and something like LotW will become the standard within 5 years, or so...  The power of computers and instant world wide access through the internet has changed the ground rules, whether the ARRL recognizes this, or not...

  Once you have a 'LotW' like system in place, it is minor programming to have the software match that both stations submitted the QSO within some specified time period (say 10 minutes - with 'LotW' not showing the Q's until the submission time elapses) and give them credit for the country and count the countries, and grind out a DXCC award if indicated - within milliseconds...  At that point the ARRL DXCC becomes irrelevant...

  cheers,

denny / k8do