[CQ-Contest] recording (an actual serious post)

Rich K2WR k2wr at njdxa.org
Sat Dec 15 19:03:46 EST 2007

I can actually think of one case in point where a recording could be useful.  I don't think it rises to the level of justifying a requirement that
anyone do anything.

Many times, while running a pileup from a DX location (in and out of contests), I hear two stations give an exchange in reply to mine.  One is the station I answered, and the other is engaging in wishful thinking.  Whenever this happens, I know I'm going to get a "NIL" QSL card.  The recording would enable me to demonstrate whom I actually worked.

Beyond that, we're getting a bit over the top.  More requirements will reduce participation.  Never forget the law of unintended consequences.

Rich